2021 Application Process
The Research Grants will support scholarly inquiry from outside the program to identify potential improvements to CHR&R tools to increase their strategic use and the impact of efforts to improve health and increase health equity.
This Call for Proposals (CFP) includes four specific focus areas, informed by Public Health Critical Race Praxis:
- Contemporary patterns of racial relations and spatial inequities using the CHR&R data and tools
- Knowledge production that supports understanding of the context of racial inequity and systemic racism for inclusion in CHR&R
- Conceptualization and measurement of spatial and racial differences that evolve CHR&R data sources, methods, tools, and narratives
- Actions to counter racial, spatial, and power inequities to strengthen the potential for CHR&R to contribute to change
The Brief Proposal Deadline is June 4, 2021. See the 2021 Call for Proposals for application details.
Up to $600,000 will be available for research under this CFP, with a combination of:
- Targeted studies - up to $50,000 for a maximum of 12 months.
- Complex/comprehensive studies - up to $100,000 for a maximum of 12 months. Applicants seeking higher funding amounts will need to clearly specify the data collection or analysis steps requiring the higher amount.
To be eligible, an applicant organization must be located in the United States or its territories.
- Applications must be submitted by tax exempt educational institutions, government agencies, or nonprofit organizations that are tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3).
- We welcome applications from investigators in a wide range of disciplines, including: health, social and behavioral sciences, biostatistics, environmental science, political science, demography, spatial data science, community psychology, history, economics, and/or informatics, and other relevant fields.
- We invite a diverse group of applicants, including early career researchers, practitioners, and individuals who work in non-academic settings.
Key Dates and Deadlines
Please note: In fairness to all applicants, CHR&R will not accept late submissions.