Join our #Salud Tues Twitter Chat on creating opportunity for Latino youth!
Latino children and youth face more poverty and greater gaps in education and health than their White peers, according to the 2018 County Health Rankings. Sadly, this puts Latino kids at a disadvantage when it comes to becoming successful adults.
How can we help connect these kids to better opportunities?
Let’s use #SaludTues on Tuesday, May 8, 2018, to tweet about the state of Latino health and what leaders and groups can do to advance health equity and opportunity for Latino children and youth!
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat─Creating Opportunity: Connecting Latino Youth to Brighter, Healthier Futures
- TIME/DATE: 1-2 p.m. ET (Noon-1 p.m. CT), Tuesday, May 8, 2018
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: County Health Rankings (@CHRankings), UnidosUS (@WeAreUnidosUS)
- OPTIONAL HASHTAGS: #HealthRankings #CultureOfHealth
We’ll open the floor to your comments, tips, and stories as we explore:
- The meaning of health equity
- The state and root causes of health disparities among Latinos
- What we can do to address education, poverty, and teen birth rates among Latinos
- How city, county, community leaders, and YOU can improve Latino health
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter, and share stories and resources to help promote health equity and build a culture of health among Latinos.
Learn more about the Salud America! #SaludTues Twitter chats, and check back after the chat on May 8 for a recap of the conversation!