Using the Rankings Data
The County Health Rankings provide a snapshot of a community’s health and a starting point for investigating and discussing ways to improve health. This guide will help you find and understand the data in this site and beyond as you begin to assess your needs and resources and focus on what's important. The guide includes seven sections:
- Communities Using the Rankings Data -- introduces the many ways communities are using the Rankings.
- Exploring the Data -- helps you get the most out of the Rankings and the wealth of underlying data.
- Making Use of Your Snapshot -- helps you navigate the information in your county’s snapshot and identify key areas where you may wish to look for additional data.
- Digging Deeper -- helps you think through what other information would help you further understand the health of your community.
- Broaden Your View -- helps you widen your focus beyond the specific measures included in the Rankings.
- Visualize the Data -- provides links to resources to help you visualize where the assets and weaknesses are in your community.
- Finding More Data -- directs you to additional national and state data sources.