Project updates, commentaries, events and news about health across the nation from the County Health Rankings & Roadmaps team.
See examples of Communities in Action
To help communities take action to improve health, we’ve added some new examples of communities’ experiences with implementing strategies listed in What Works for Health (WWFH) or key activities in our Roadmaps to Health Action Center. Take a look and see what lessons you can learn from these Communities in Action:
- Advocating for Tobacco-Free Kids in Northwest Florida, spotlighting the key activity of Develop A Strategy To Take Action
- Audio podcast program a win-win for students’ learning and health, spotlighting the WWFH evidence rating for Physically Active Classrooms
- Developing a Common Language and Understanding in New Hampshire, spotlighting the key activity of Build A Common Knowledge Base
- Developing Youth Leadership in New York City Schools, spotlighting the key activity of Develop Leadership Capacity
- Fruit and vegetable program exposes kids to healthy food choices, spotlighting the WWFH evidence rating for Taste Testing Fruits & Vegetables
- Integrating Services for Military Families & Veterans in CO, spotlighting the WWFH evidence rating for Integrate Social Services
- Making the Case for Early Education in Nevada, spotlighting the key activity of Persuade Decision Makers
- Medically-supervised program helps residents get active safely, spotlighting the WWFH evidence rating for Fitness Programs In Community Settings
- Rhode Island food hub helps rural farmers, residents, and economy, spotlighting the WWFH evidence rating for Food Hubs
Are you willing to share your community’s experience implementing a strategy or tool that is listed on our website? Please let us know.