New York Data and Resources
These data sources provide information for communities looking for more local data. These sources provide either unique, local data; more information on demographic breakdowns (e.g., age, sex, race/ethnicity); or data for sub-county geographic units (e.g., cities, zipcodes or school districts).
New York Data Sources
|New York State Cancer Registry
|Cancer is one of the most common chronic diseases in New York State, and is second only to heart disease as the leading cause of death. Each year, about 100,000 New Yorkers are diagnosed with cancer. The New York State Cancer Registry is pleased to provide cancer statistics through this Web page.
|New York State Community Health Indicator Reports
|New York State Community Health Indicator Reports (CHIRS) provides data for over 300 health indicators, organized by 15 health topic and data tables with links to trend graphs and maps. They are updated annually and are linked to the indicators in the County Health Assessment Indicators (CHAI) for all communities in New York. Obesity Statistics were recently added to this group of health indicators.
|New York State Community Health Indicator Reports - Communicable Disease Indicators
|New York State Community Health Indicator Reports (CHIRS) provides data for over 300 health indicators, organized by 15 health topic and data tables with links to trend graphs and maps. This page provides data on the incidence of select infectious diseases, as well as, the percentage of adults 65 years and older vaccinated for pneumonia and the flu.
|New York State County Health Indicators by Race/Ethnicity (CHIRE)
|CHIRE provides a variety of health indicators by race/ethnicity, for New York State and counties, including: mortality, vital statistics, injuries, chronic diseases, and substance abuse.
|New York State Department of Health - Data and Reports
|The New York State Department of Health provides access to a range of county-level data, including: demographics, socioeconomic factors, physical activity, substance abuse, maternal/infant health, child/adolescent health, chronic diseases, health surveys, and community health reports.
|New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services - Statistics
|The Criminal Justice Statistics page includes data and statistics on violent and properly crime at the state and county level.
|New York State Education Department - Data Reporting
|The Data Reporting section provides data on: district and school enrollment, teachers, financial, federal and state accountability status, student assessment results, graduation, transfers, and post-graduate plans.
State Education Department Releases 2016 Cohort High School Graduation Rates
|New York State Environmental Public Health Tracking
|New York is part of the National Tracking Network, created in partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to make data on environmental hazards, exposures, and health effects easier to find and use.
|New York State Prevention Agenda Dashboard
|The State Prevention Dashboard homepage displays a quick view of the most current data for New York State and the Prevention Agenda objectives for approximately 100 tracking indicators. The current data are compared to data from previous time periods to assess progress for each indicator.
These resources include public health agencies (including local public health offices, state agencies, and public health institutes) and other partners in improving community health including United Ways, counties associations, hospital associations, and extension offices.
New York Community Resources
- Health Research, Inc.
- New York Academy of Medicine's Advancing Prevention Project
- New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- New York Local Health Department Contact List
- New York State Association of County Health Officials (NYSACHO)
- New York State Community Health Assessment Clearinghouse
- New York State Department of Health
- New York State Department of Health - Health Improvement Plan
- Public Health Solutions
- University at Albany School of Public Health's Center for Public Health and Continuing Education (CPHCE)
Other Health Partners
- Cornell University Cooperative Extension
- Greater New York Hospital Association
- Health Care Association of New York State
- New York State Association of Counties
- United Way of New York State
Other New York Resources
- Alzheimer's Disease Reports and Data
- EpiQuery: New York City Interactive Health Data
- Expanded (County Level) Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System
- HIV/AIDS Statistics
- Health Data NY GOV
- Leading Causes of Death in New York State
- NYS Cancer Statistics
- New York City Environment & Health Data Portal
- New York State Asthma Surveillance Data
- New York State Communicable Disease Annual Reports
- New York State County/ZIP Code Perinatal Data Profile
- New York State Hospital-Acquired Infection Reporting System
- New York State Prevention Agenda Tracking Indicator Dashboard
- New York State Sexually Transmitted Diseases Data and Statistics
- New York State Vital Statistics (births, pregnancies, deaths)