Effective communication throughout each step is essential for your efforts to be successful. What you say and how you say it can motivate the right people to take the right action at the right time. How will you get your most important messages to the people who influence your work?
The purpose of this step is to develop strategic messages and deliver those messages effectively. The guidance here will answer questions like:
- How can we use the County Health Rankings as a communication tool?
- How do we develop a communications strategy or plan?
- Who needs to hear our messages?
- How do we create compelling messages that inspire action?
- How should we deliver our messages? Who is the best messenger?
- How do we know if we’ve developed effective messages?
Our Top Tools
These are our favorite tools for this step. You can find additional relevant tools in each key activity as well.
Looking for a quick primer on this step? Take this 2-page Shortcut with you to share with your partners. Use it to discuss where you are in your work and what challenges you face.