- What percentage of 3-year-olds are enrolled in an early childhood program or preschool?
- How many National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) accredited or Head Start early learning centers are available in your community?
- What percentage of 3rd graders are reading at grade level?
- What is the truancy rate in your schools?
- What percentage of high school seniors go on to higher education?
- What percentage of adults >25 years return to school for some post-secondary education?
- What is the average adult literacy rate?
- What are your biggest employment sectors or industries?
- How many people are underemployed?
- What are the unmet training needs for employment?
- What proportion of the community has established a retirement fund?
- What is the average cost of living?
- How equally are wealth and income distributed?
Family and Social Support
- How many children are abused or neglected in each year?
- How many arrests for domestic violence occur each year?
- What percentage of older adults (>65 years) live alone?
- What percentage of residents feel your community is a safe place?
- What percentage of your community participates in the voting process?
- What percentage of your population volunteers in the community?
- What types of crimes are the most common?
- What types of injuries are most common? Are the leading causes of injury fatal?
- How many falls are recorded among the elderly?
- What is the suicide rate?
- What is the rate of incarceration among different groups?