2019 Application Process
Funded by CHR&R, the Research Grants will serve an important role in strengthening the Rankings and improving accessibility, communication, or usability of Rankings data through:
- Refinement of current methodology used in the Rankings model; or
- Explorations of new data sources, measures, or methods for the Rankings.
The Brief Proposal Deadline is April 26, 2019. See the 2019 Call for Proposals for application details.
Up to $385,000 will be available for research under this Call for Proposals (CFP), with a combination of:
- Targeted studies - up to $50,000 for a maximum of 12 months.
- Complex/comprehensive studies - up to $100,000 for a maximum of 12 months. Applicants seeking higher funding amounts will need to clearly specify the data collection or analysis steps requiring the higher amount.
To be eligible, an applicant organization must be located in the United States or its territories.
- Applications must be submitted by tax exempt educational institutions, government agencies, or nonprofit organizations that are tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3).
- We welcome applications from investigators in health, social and behavioral sciences, biostatistics, environmental science, political science, economics, and/or informatics, and other relevant fields.
- We invite a diverse group of applicants, including early career researchers, and individuals who work in non-academic settings.
Key Dates and Deadlines
|March 29, 2019||
Questions on the CFP due to County Health Rankings & Roadmaps
|April 5, 2019||New Frequently Asked Questions posted|
|April 26, 2019||Brief Proposals due by 6:00 p.m. ET|
|May 10, 2019||Notification to all applicants|
|June 12, 2019||Full proposals due|
|Early July 2019||Announce final selection|
|August 1, 2019||Start date for funded projects|
Please note: In fairness to all applicants, CHR&R will not accept late submissions.