When printing county snapshots with the "Areas to Explore" highlighting turned on, you may find that the colors used to highlight these areas don't print. This is a browser specific issue for Internet Explorer and Firefox. These browsers will not print background colors or images by default, as these frequently take much more ink and can serve to obscure the foreground text on a black-and-white printout. Here are the steps you can take to resolve this:
- Open either Internet Explorer or Firefox
- Press "ALT" to display the File menu.
- Click "File" then "Page Setup."
- Place a checkmark in the "Print Background Colors and Images" in the dialog.
- Click "OK" and print the Web page.