Project updates, commentaries, events and news about health across the nation from the County Health Rankings & Roadmaps team.
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Announces 2016 RWJF Culture of Health Prize Finalists
Congratulations to the 16 communities selected as finalists for the fourth annual RWJF Culture of Health Prize. Announced today, the Prize honors communities that place a high priority on health and bring diverse partners to achieve local change. Selected from nearly 200 applicants, the following 16 finalist communities are one step closer to the coveted national Prize:
|24:1 Community Region, MO||Grand Rapids, MI|
|Manchester, NH||New Haven, CT|
|Santa Monica, CA||Clayton County, GA|
|Columbia Gorge Region, OR/WA||Louisville, KY|
|Miami-Dade County, FL||Oakland, CA|
|Philadelphia, PA||Rancho Cucamonga, CA|
|Shoalwater Bay Indian Tribe (WA)||Trenton, NJ|
|Tulsa County, OK||White Mountain Apache Tribe (AZ)|
The RWJF Culture of Health Prize is an annual competition that awards $25,000 to up to 10 communities that are making great strides in their journey to better health. Each winner will also have their success story celebrated broadly to inspire change across the nation.
To earn Prize finalist status, communities had to demonstrate how they excelled in six criteria:
- Defining health in the broadest possible terms.
- Committing to sustainable systems changes and policy-oriented long-term solutions.
- Cultivating a shared and deeply-held belief in the importance of equal opportunity for health.
- Harnessing the collective power of leaders, partners, and community members.
- Securing and making the most of available resources.
- Measuring and sharing progress and results.
The 2016 RWJF Culture of Health Prize winners will be announced this September.
Click here to learn more about the 20 previous Prize winners.
Visit What Works for Health to see strategies that may help your community’s health improvement efforts.