Project updates, commentaries, events and news about health across the nation from the County Health Rankings & Roadmaps team.
Join us at APHA’s Annual Meeting in November
We’ll be at the American Public Health Association Annual Meeting Nov. 2-6 in Boston, presenting and featuring the useful components of the County Health Rankings & Roadmaps program. Visit us at Booth 830 in the Expo and see below to learn more about some of the panels and presentations we’ll be a part of:
Monday, November 4
- 8:30-8:50 a.m. Relative contributions of health determinants on health outcomes at the county level
- 1:30-1:50 p.m. From data to information for action: The county health rankings experience
- 1:10-1:30 p.m. Evidence: What is it and does it matter?
- 5:10-5:30 p.m. Social determinants: Strategies for public health nurses to strengthen local efforts to improve health
Tuesday, November 5
- 8:30-10 a.m. Building Healthy Communities: Exemplars from the Field
- What makes a community a healthy place to live, learn, work, and play?
- Making improvements in social and economic factors leads to improved health in low-income communities
- Mobilizing multi-sector partners to achieve countywide community goals
- Multisector approach to health equity through systems change, community engagement, and evaluation
- 12:30-2 p.m. Improving Methods to Measure Population Health: The County Health Rankings Experience
- 12:30-2 p.m. The Power of Multi-Sector Coalitions: Improving Health through Education Policy
- Multi-sector partnerships for health: Eight capacities for effective advocacy
- Ensuring healthy futures by supporting education from cradle to college
- From k-ready to healthy communities: How the world class greater Philadelphia partnership is promoting the adoption of kindergarten readiness assessments in greater Philadelphia
- Power of an unlikely collaboration: Detroit regional infant mortality reduction task force's initiative to “sew up the safety net for women & children”