- How many pregnant women or high school age individuals smoke?
- What local or state policies are in place regarding secondhand smoke?
- How prevalent is the use of smokeless tobacco products such as chewing tobacco or snuff?
Diet and Exercise
- What percentage of children are obese or overweight?
- What percentage of the population eats five servings of fruits & vegetables each day?
- What percentage of the population receives Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits, and what percentage of SNAP benefits are redeemed?
- How healthy are the lunches prepared in schools?
- What policies do schools in your area have for competitive foods (foods and beverages offered in direct competition with school-provided meals and snacks)?
- How many students receive free or reduced school lunches?
- How close are fast food restaurants or grocery stores to residential areas?
- How many spaces for physical activity, e.g., parks, trails, pedestrian or bicycling paths, are available in your community?
- What percentage of adults are meeting national physical activity guidelines?
- What are the physical education requirements in your schools?
Alcohol and Drug Use
- How many people were cited for operating while intoxicated or underage drinking?
- How many citations were written for possession of illegal substances?
- What is the rate of overdose deaths?
- What percentage of teens report using prescription drugs inappropriately or using illicit drugs in the last year?
- What are the policies regarding serving alcohol to minors?
- What percentage of teens report being sexually active?
- What is the prevalence of syphilis, gonorrhea, herpes or other STDs?
- What percentage of teens have received the HPV vaccine?