The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute began their collaboration in January 2009 leading up to the first release of the County Health Rankings in February 2010. Now, with the fifth release of the County Health Rankings, we are looking back at what has happened, highlighting what is new this year, and looking forward to all that is to come.
- Over three million visits to www.countyhealthrankings.org to view millions of data points for the 3100+ counties in the US!
- Check out the Community Stories, RWJF Culture of Health Prize, Roadmaps to Health Community Grantees, National Partners, and Project Showcase to learn about how communities across the nation are using data and taking action to make their communities healthier places to live, learn, work, and play.
What’s new for 2014
- A special 2014 County Health Rankings release day webcast – watch it here.
- An introduction to County Health Rankings & Roadmaps and a guided tour of the new web site - watch it here.
New report, guides, state pages, updated Rankings model, and more!
- 2014 County Health Rankings Key Findings report
- New additions to the County Health Rankings model: Housing and Transit
- New additions to the Roadmaps to Health Take Action Cycle: Community Development and Nonprofits
- New state pages providing easy access to data, tools and guidance, stories, and contacts.
- Guide to Measuring Progress
- Community Spotlights, scattered throughout the steps in the Action Center and What Works for Health.
New logo and branding updates
- A new logo and branding to reflect the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation’s new focus on building a culture of health: learn more.
- We encourage you to use this version of our logo if you want to share any of our materials on your web site or in hardcopy materials.
- The RWJF Roadmaps to Health Prize is now the RWJF Culture of Health Prize
Three organizations each hosted local events to showcase how the County Health Rankings & Roadmaps have contributed to local efforts to build a healthier community:
- The 2014 winners of the RWJF Culture of Health Prize will be announced on June 25, 2014. Applications for the next round of prizes will also be available at that time. Ten winners will be selected for 2015.
- We intend to add to the Rankings by developing a health gap index that will further highlight the wide and disturbing gaps in health within states.
- Later in 2014, watch for new opportunities for mini-grants and matching grants to further action in your community.