Project updates, commentaries, events and news about health across the nation from the County Health Rankings & Roadmaps team.
Use the Rankings During National Public Health Week, April 2-8, 2012
The 2012 County Health Rankings are out—just in time for National Public Health Week!
Now through April 8, communities throughout the country are planning activities, events and outreach to raise awareness about the importance of public health and prevention. Like the County Health Rankings, the annual initiative, organized by the American Public Health Association, aims to engage individuals and communities in a movement toward better health for everyone.
Whether we take small steps or large ones over the next week, the County Health Rankings & Roadmaps program is a valuable resource for advancing local health by identifying what makes us sick or healthy and what we can do to create healthier places to live, learn, work and play.
We all have a role to play—and now is the perfect time to take action. Below are some helpful tips to help you get started:
- Review the tools and resources available for National Public Health Week.
- Find your county’s ranking at countyhealthrankings.org and review the factors that contribute to its performance.
- Learn about the new Roadmaps to Health project and build a customized roadmap to health for your community.
- Read stories and watch videos to see how other communities have already used the Rankings to take action.
- Apply for a Roadmaps to Health Community Grant to get a project started in your community.