Project updates, commentaries, events and news about health across the nation from the County Health Rankings & Roadmaps team.
Key Takeaways from "Take Action: Evaluate Actions" Webinar
In the Evaluate Actions webinar on Oct 9, Doug Spohn, the Wellness Manager for the Washington State Department of Labor & Industries, discussed how his team sets up evaluation plans - and how they adjust for reality. He was joined by Julia Dilley, a program and policy evaluator.
- Use a variety of data to get different perspectives.
- Work with an evaluator to bring in an objective viewer, technical expertise, and credibility to add strength to the findings.
- Involve stakeholders - focus on the process as much as the report.
- Don't expect "black and white" findings.
- Provide results tailored to key stakeholder groups & their interests (leadership vs. all employees).
- Keep it simple - perfection isn't the goal, useful findings are the goal.