Project updates, commentaries, events and news about health across the nation from the County Health Rankings & Roadmaps team.
April 3, 2012: County Health Rankings 2012 Release Day
It’s almost time! The 2012 County Health Rankings will be released on April 3, 2012. For the 3rd year in a row, counties will receive a snapshot of how healthy their residents are by comparing their overall health and the factors that influence their health with other counties in their state. This allows communities to see county-to-county where they are doing well and where they need to improve.
- Learn: Sign up for one of our webinars to learn more about the County Health Rankings. View the schedule of upcoming webinars and view our archived webinars.
- Key Messages: Determine the key messages regarding the County Health Rankings for your community. What are the some known health concerns in your community? How can the Rankings be a tool to improve the health of your community?
- Spokesperson: Identify your local media point of contact(s) for your community for the County Health Rankings.
- Local Partners: Identify the key local stakeholders that are or will be engaged in improving the health of your community. Remember to think beyond public health - think about hospitals, education, community non-profits, funders, local elected officials, and the business community. Let them know about the upcoming 2012 County Health Rankings release.
- Next Steps: Develop specific next steps after the release of the Rankings for your community. What will you do to mobilize action toward community health in your area?
Contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions or concerns regarding the release of the 2012 County Health Rankings.