2017 Application Process
The County Health Rankings & Roadmaps (CHR&R) program is a collaboration between the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. Our program provides information, tools, and resources to help mobilize local communities, national partners, and leaders across multiple sectors to improve health and increase health equity.
Funded by CHR&R, the Research Grants will serve an important role in strengthening the Rankings and improving accessibility, communication, or usability of Rankings data through:
- Refinement of current methodology used in the Rankings model;
- Explorations of new data sources, measures, or methods for the Rankings; or
- Quantitative analyses of Rankings data.
The Brief Proposal Deadline is May 3, 2017. See the 2017 Call for Proposals for application details.
Up to $300,000 will be available for research under this Call for Proposals (CFP), with a combination of:
- Targeted studies - up to $50,000 for a maximum of 12 months.
- Complex/comprehensive studies - up to $100,000 for a maximum of 12 months. Applicants seeking higher funding amounts will need to clearly specify the data collection or analysis steps requiring the higher amount.
To be eligible, an applicant organization must be located in the United States or its territories.
- Applications must be submitted by tax exempt educational institutions, government agencies, or nonprofit organizations that are tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3).
- We welcome applications from investigators in health, social and behavioral sciences, biostatistics, environmental science, political science, economics, and/or informatics, and other relevant fields.
- We invite a diverse group of applicants, including early career researchers, and individuals who work in non-academic settings.
Key Dates and Deadlines
- April 7, 2017 Questions on the CFP due to County Health Rankings & Roadmaps; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- April 14, 2017 Frequently Asked Questions posted
- May 3, 2017 Brief Proposals due by 6:00 pm ET
- May 22, 2017 Notification to all applicants
- June 23, 2017 Full Proposals due
- Mid-July, 2017 Announce final selection
- August 1, 2017 Start date for funded projects
Please note: In fairness to all applicants, CHR&R will not accept late submissions.